Unless you’re buff (and pale) enough to be mistaken for a Roman statue, being Naked in Venice sounds like the stuff of bad dreams. I mean, if you think walking through the halls of your high school au naturel sounds mortifying, I can’t imagine strolling through one of Europe’s most beautiful cities would feel much better. Radical Something, however, are braver men than I. On the final entry in their SUMMERofRAD series, they use the titular phrase as a cryptic metaphor for romantic opportunity. As usual, the Cali crew handle both production and vocals in house, delivering an effervescent mix of pop-rock grooves and wistfully catchy melodies. Shannen Doherty provides visuals to match the record’s amorous themes. The series may be over, but fans should keep it locked; in the next week, Radical Something will be releasing all 12 SUMMERofRAD records in free mixtape form, as well as announcing some exciting info regarding their fall tour plans.
Written by richard on 08/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Easy" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.