Unless you’re buff (and pale) enough to be mistaken for a Roman statue, being Naked in Venice sounds like the stuff of bad dreams. I mean, if you think walking through the halls of your high school au naturel sounds mortifying, I can’t imagine strolling through one of Europe’s most beautiful cities would feel much better. Radical Something, however, are braver men than I. On the final entry in their SUMMERofRAD series, they use the titular phrase as a cryptic metaphor for romantic opportunity. As usual, the Cali crew handle both production and vocals in house, delivering an effervescent mix of pop-rock grooves and wistfully catchy melodies. Shannen Doherty provides visuals to match the record’s amorous themes. The series may be over, but fans should keep it locked; in the next week, Radical Something will be releasing all 12 SUMMERofRAD records in free mixtape form, as well as announcing some exciting info regarding their fall tour plans.
Written by richard on 08/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Easy" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.