Unless you’re buff (and pale) enough to be mistaken for a Roman statue, being Naked in Venice sounds like the stuff of bad dreams. I mean, if you think walking through the halls of your high school au naturel sounds mortifying, I can’t imagine strolling through one of Europe’s most beautiful cities would feel much better. Radical Something, however, are braver men than I. On the final entry in their SUMMERofRAD series, they use the titular phrase as a cryptic metaphor for romantic opportunity. As usual, the Cali crew handle both production and vocals in house, delivering an effervescent mix of pop-rock grooves and wistfully catchy melodies. Shannen Doherty provides visuals to match the record’s amorous themes. The series may be over, but fans should keep it locked; in the next week, Radical Something will be releasing all 12 SUMMERofRAD records in free mixtape form, as well as announcing some exciting info regarding their fall tour plans.
Written by richard on 08/28/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Easy" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)