A great song can be made even better by a great story. For example, did you know that Jay-Z’s Empire State of Mind was literally written on top of the Empire State Building and Kanye’s All of the Lights was inspired by an episode of epilepsy Ye experienced? Ok, so neither of those stories are true, but it is true that Radical Something’s new single Long Hair Don’t Care (DJBooth premiere!) was written after group members Loggy and Cocktail spent some time in cuffs for public intoxication and trespassing. Those misdemeanors were apparently exactly the fuel Something needed for Long Hair’s fire as producer DJ Big Red crafts a distinctly 80s-inspired beat - it sounds like Randy Newman and The Police had a baby - for the respective emcees to flow over, and flow they do, vowing that even in the face of the law they’re going to explode like supernovas. Unless one (or more) of them end up in the slammer before then, expect Radical Something’s self-titled upcoming album to drop in mid-August. In the meantime, feel free to headbang to this one.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Easy" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.