A great song can be made even better by a great story. For example, did you know that Jay-Z’s Empire State of Mind was literally written on top of the Empire State Building and Kanye’s All of the Lights was inspired by an episode of epilepsy Ye experienced? Ok, so neither of those stories are true, but it is true that Radical Something’s new single Long Hair Don’t Care (DJBooth premiere!) was written after group members Loggy and Cocktail spent some time in cuffs for public intoxication and trespassing. Those misdemeanors were apparently exactly the fuel Something needed for Long Hair’s fire as producer DJ Big Red crafts a distinctly 80s-inspired beat - it sounds like Randy Newman and The Police had a baby - for the respective emcees to flow over, and flow they do, vowing that even in the face of the law they’re going to explode like supernovas. Unless one (or more) of them end up in the slammer before then, expect Radical Something’s self-titled upcoming album to drop in mid-August. In the meantime, feel free to headbang to this one.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Easy" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.