A great song can be made even better by a great story. For example, did you know that Jay-Z’s Empire State of Mind was literally written on top of the Empire State Building and Kanye’s All of the Lights was inspired by an episode of epilepsy Ye experienced? Ok, so neither of those stories are true, but it is true that Radical Something’s new single Long Hair Don’t Care (DJBooth premiere!) was written after group members Loggy and Cocktail spent some time in cuffs for public intoxication and trespassing. Those misdemeanors were apparently exactly the fuel Something needed for Long Hair’s fire as producer DJ Big Red crafts a distinctly 80s-inspired beat - it sounds like Randy Newman and The Police had a baby - for the respective emcees to flow over, and flow they do, vowing that even in the face of the law they’re going to explode like supernovas. Unless one (or more) of them end up in the slammer before then, expect Radical Something’s self-titled upcoming album to drop in mid-August. In the meantime, feel free to headbang to this one.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/12/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Easy" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)