A great song can be made even better by a great story. For example, did you know that Jay-Z’s Empire State of Mind was literally written on top of the Empire State Building and Kanye’s All of the Lights was inspired by an episode of epilepsy Ye experienced? Ok, so neither of those stories are true, but it is true that Radical Something’s new single Long Hair Don’t Care (DJBooth premiere!) was written after group members Loggy and Cocktail spent some time in cuffs for public intoxication and trespassing. Those misdemeanors were apparently exactly the fuel Something needed for Long Hair’s fire as producer DJ Big Red crafts a distinctly 80s-inspired beat - it sounds like Randy Newman and The Police had a baby - for the respective emcees to flow over, and flow they do, vowing that even in the face of the law they’re going to explode like supernovas. Unless one (or more) of them end up in the slammer before then, expect Radical Something’s self-titled upcoming album to drop in mid-August. In the meantime, feel free to headbang to this one.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Easy" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.