On Radical Something‘s Booth debut, the Cali crew propose something radical—if the nine-to-five grind has you feeling stressed, why not step away from the laptop, power down your mobile phone, and go somewhere you can,”...relax, lay back and Be Easy”? Well, OK, Loggy, Josh Cocktail and DJ Big Red didn’t exactly invent the vacation but, in a day and age when it’s tougher than ever to get away from it all, the proposition is an audacious one. In any case, those unable to hop on a plane to some tropical locale will find this promo single the perfect mini-vacation. A breezy beat driven by energetic piano and acoustic-guitar strumming sets the stage for Loggy and Cocktail’s fresh rapped and sung verses, which find them touting the healthful effects of relaxation (as well as the innovative appeal of their own musical work). NYC native Kinetics guests, lamenting the tendency of New Yorkers to push themselves too hard on the middle. Does this refreshing selection leave you craving more mellow musical goodness? Though this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, you can keep it locked you-know-where for all the latest from Radical Something.
Written by richard on 06/16/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)