When you think about classical performers like Mozart, an artist like R.A. The Rugged Man probably does not come to mind. His grimy persona and even grimier flow wouldn’t go over well in Mozart’s refined, sophisticated society. However, on R.A.’s latest, Underground Hits, the two could not sound more in sync; consider them the epitome of strange bedfellows. Producer Will Tell perfectly samples Mozart’s classic, Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, giving it an energetic remix of sorts that serves as a nice juxtaposition to Rugged Man’s inappropriately colorful bars and breakneck, hostile flow. Guest Hopsin shows how refined he can be (not very) with a subsequent 16, which is highlighted by his demonstrative approach and equally as brash lyrics. If you think Underground Hits is indeed an underground hit, than you should scoop up a copy of R.A.‘s forthcoming album Legends Never Die, out April 30.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thelonius King" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.