When you think about classical performers like Mozart, an artist like R.A. The Rugged Man probably does not come to mind. His grimy persona and even grimier flow wouldn’t go over well in Mozart’s refined, sophisticated society. However, on R.A.’s latest, Underground Hits, the two could not sound more in sync; consider them the epitome of strange bedfellows. Producer Will Tell perfectly samples Mozart’s classic, Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, giving it an energetic remix of sorts that serves as a nice juxtaposition to Rugged Man’s inappropriately colorful bars and breakneck, hostile flow. Guest Hopsin shows how refined he can be (not very) with a subsequent 16, which is highlighted by his demonstrative approach and equally as brash lyrics. If you think Underground Hits is indeed an underground hit, than you should scoop up a copy of R.A.‘s forthcoming album Legends Never Die, out April 30.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thelonius King" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.