Previously featured as a guest contributor to Thelonious King, a reader-approved promotional cut by West Coast rapper/producer Blu, R.A. The Rugged Man makes his grand entrance into the solo Booth spotlight with The Peoples Champ, single numero uno off his next studio album. After a hype spoken-word intro from B.K. stalwart Rampage, the Suffolk County rhymesayer hits the ground running, showcasing his dense, allusive rhyme style over Demigodz/Army of the Pharaohs member Apathy‘s addictive choral-vocal loops. (Anyone I.D. that sample for me?) For this crowd-pleasing cut and many more where it came from, cop R.A.‘s Legends Never Die LP when it hits record stores and online retailers April 30, via Nature Sounds.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view R.A.‘s Brood Baby-directed The People’s Champ visual.
Written by richard on 04/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thelonius King" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.