Previously featured as a guest contributor to Thelonious King, a reader-approved promotional cut by West Coast rapper/producer Blu, R.A. The Rugged Man makes his grand entrance into the solo Booth spotlight with The Peoples Champ, single numero uno off his next studio album. After a hype spoken-word intro from B.K. stalwart Rampage, the Suffolk County rhymesayer hits the ground running, showcasing his dense, allusive rhyme style over Demigodz/Army of the Pharaohs member Apathy‘s addictive choral-vocal loops. (Anyone I.D. that sample for me?) For this crowd-pleasing cut and many more where it came from, cop R.A.‘s Legends Never Die LP when it hits record stores and online retailers April 30, via Nature Sounds.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view R.A.‘s Brood Baby-directed The People’s Champ visual.
Written by richard on 04/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thelonius King" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.