Previously featured as a guest contributor to Thelonious King, a reader-approved promotional cut by West Coast rapper/producer Blu, R.A. The Rugged Man makes his grand entrance into the solo Booth spotlight with The Peoples Champ, single numero uno off his next studio album. After a hype spoken-word intro from B.K. stalwart Rampage, the Suffolk County rhymesayer hits the ground running, showcasing his dense, allusive rhyme style over Demigodz/Army of the Pharaohs member Apathy‘s addictive choral-vocal loops. (Anyone I.D. that sample for me?) For this crowd-pleasing cut and many more where it came from, cop R.A.‘s Legends Never Die LP when it hits record stores and online retailers April 30, via Nature Sounds.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view R.A.‘s Brood Baby-directed The People’s Champ visual.
Written by richard on 04/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thelonius King" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.