Having declared himself The Peoples Champ on his solo Booth debut, R.A. The Rugged Man returns to drop a little knowledge on the follow-up single off his sophomore set. The artist’s first-ever collaboration with former Rawkus Records labelmate Talib Kweli, Learn Truth features the NYC underground mainstays delivering caustic commentary on a wide variety of societal ills—from street crime, economic exploitation and racist police brutality at home, to U.S. atrocities abroad. Mr. Green provides a pensive instrumental backdrop for their bars, flipping a sample from Public Enemy’s Hazy Shade of Criminal on the hook. For this hard-hitting selection and many more bangers, check out Legends Never Die when it drops April 30, via Nature Sounds.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view R.A. The Rugged Man’s Clay Patrick McBride-directed Learn Truth visual.
Written by richard on 03/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thelonius King" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.