Having declared himself The Peoples Champ on his solo Booth debut, R.A. The Rugged Man returns to drop a little knowledge on the follow-up single off his sophomore set. The artist’s first-ever collaboration with former Rawkus Records labelmate Talib Kweli, Learn Truth features the NYC underground mainstays delivering caustic commentary on a wide variety of societal ills—from street crime, economic exploitation and racist police brutality at home, to U.S. atrocities abroad. Mr. Green provides a pensive instrumental backdrop for their bars, flipping a sample from Public Enemy’s Hazy Shade of Criminal on the hook. For this hard-hitting selection and many more bangers, check out Legends Never Die when it drops April 30, via Nature Sounds.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view R.A. The Rugged Man’s Clay Patrick McBride-directed Learn Truth visual.
Written by richard on 03/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thelonius King" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.