On Atlanta rapper Ra Ra‘s newest song release, That’s Why, the artist formerly known as Young Capone proposes a number of questions to his listeners. For instance, “Why a ni**a think a ni**a owe them something?” or “Why a ni**a try to be something they ain’t?” The underground veteran goes on to address this troubling mentality on the song’s hook, focusing on this particular mind state as the reason why so many people flaunt a flashy lifestyle, but at the end of the day remain broke. Production from Johnny Juliano falls heavily on the Southern side of the fence as the popular beatmaker laces the track with just the right amount of trunk-rattling bass. That’s Why serves as both a single and stand out selection from Ra Ra’s brand-spanking-new Higher mixtape, which was released on September 11.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/20/12
Submit your Rating
1Up Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Know About That" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.