On Atlanta rapper Ra Ra‘s newest song release, That’s Why, the artist formerly known as Young Capone proposes a number of questions to his listeners. For instance, “Why a ni**a think a ni**a owe them something?” or “Why a ni**a try to be something they ain’t?” The underground veteran goes on to address this troubling mentality on the song’s hook, focusing on this particular mind state as the reason why so many people flaunt a flashy lifestyle, but at the end of the day remain broke. Production from Johnny Juliano falls heavily on the Southern side of the fence as the popular beatmaker laces the track with just the right amount of trunk-rattling bass. That’s Why serves as both a single and stand out selection from Ra Ra’s brand-spanking-new Higher mixtape, which was released on September 11.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/20/12
Submit your Rating
1Up Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Know About That" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.