On Atlanta rapper Ra Ra‘s newest song release, That’s Why, the artist formerly known as Young Capone proposes a number of questions to his listeners. For instance, “Why a ni**a think a ni**a owe them something?” or “Why a ni**a try to be something they ain’t?” The underground veteran goes on to address this troubling mentality on the song’s hook, focusing on this particular mind state as the reason why so many people flaunt a flashy lifestyle, but at the end of the day remain broke. Production from Johnny Juliano falls heavily on the Southern side of the fence as the popular beatmaker laces the track with just the right amount of trunk-rattling bass. That’s Why serves as both a single and stand out selection from Ra Ra’s brand-spanking-new Higher mixtape, which was released on September 11.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/20/12
Submit your Rating
1Up Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Know About That" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.