On Atlanta rapper Ra Ra‘s newest song release, That’s Why, the artist formerly known as Young Capone proposes a number of questions to his listeners. For instance, “Why a ni**a think a ni**a owe them something?” or “Why a ni**a try to be something they ain’t?” The underground veteran goes on to address this troubling mentality on the song’s hook, focusing on this particular mind state as the reason why so many people flaunt a flashy lifestyle, but at the end of the day remain broke. Production from Johnny Juliano falls heavily on the Southern side of the fence as the popular beatmaker laces the track with just the right amount of trunk-rattling bass. That’s Why serves as both a single and stand out selection from Ra Ra’s brand-spanking-new Higher mixtape, which was released on September 11.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/20/12
Submit your Rating
1Up Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Know About That" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.