In his MySpace bio, R.E.U.B. is quick to differentiate himself from your typical rapper: “I am not a crip, blood or any other type of gang member. I am not a pimp or womanizer, I am not ignorant… I don’t sell crack, and I don’t drive a Benz yet.” What is the Booth newcomer? Well, he’s a “Real Entrepreneur in the Underground Business of Hip-Hop” (to name one of many interpretations of the acronym). The Ghanaian-born emcee’s individuality, devotion to his craft, and focus on the fundamentals are on full display on mixtape title track The Black Rapper Show. Here, The Clinic serve up a head-bobbing, syncopated groove as R.E.U.B. delivers a potent blend of braggadocio and trash talk, notably taking a moment to scoff at those who’ve been sleeping on him: “What the f*ck are y’all, cicadas?” Needless to say, Booth readers will be wide awake by the time this track is finished. Craving more? You’re in luck – The [Black] Rapper Show, co-starring Clinton Sparks, dropped January 15, and is available now online.
Listen to More: R.E.U.B.
Written by richard on 02/1/10
Whats Great Music
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.