Sex in the kitchen, sex in a zoo, sex in a closet, it’s no secret that R. Kelly loves him some sex, and the seemingly inevitable outcome of all that freakiness is the new track Pregnant. Now I stopped being shocked by anything that comes out of Kelly’s mouth a long time ago, but even for Kells Pregnant is lyrically remarkable, with the godfather of Chicago cutting to the chase within the first five seconds: “Girl I want to get you pregnant…knock you up!” That pretty much covers it right there. Joining Kelly on this musical impregnation journey are Tyrese (where’s he been?), Robin Thicke (whose breathy vocals are reminiscent of his work on Lost Without U) and The-Dream (who actually got Christina Milian pregnant), who all take turns crooning over the appropriately soft Beris Bolton, DeWayne Swan and R. Kelly production. The subject matter’s sure to turn heads, but in typical R. Kelly fashion the track’s also musically pretty damn good. Pregnant is off Kelly’s upcoming album Untitled, due out December 1.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/25/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That ft. R. Kelly" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.