A new track with R. Kelly, T-Pain and Keyshia Cole!? Thank you sweet baby Jesus, thank you. By themselves T-Pain and R. Kelly are usually hilarious enough, but together the potential for catchy R&B comedy is off the charts. Sure enough, the Pied Piper’s new track Number One (Remix) delivers. Not only does T-Pain refer to someone’s “asscap,” whatever that is, but R. Kelly softly croons about “smokening“ an illicit substance and brags about his ability to make a woman’s “p**sy speak in auto-tune.” It’s enough to almost make you forget Keyshia’s seriously musical contribution. While the track’s auto-tune heavy vibe, courtesy of RiffRaph and Roy “Royalty” Hamilton, might be a little played out, Kelly’s unpredictable genius more than makes up for it. Number One is the official remix of the original track, which featured Keri Hilson. No word yet on what Kelly’s next project will be, though whatever it is, I’m sure it will be unbelievable.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/29/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That ft. R. Kelly" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.