A new track with R. Kelly, T-Pain and Keyshia Cole!? Thank you sweet baby Jesus, thank you. By themselves T-Pain and R. Kelly are usually hilarious enough, but together the potential for catchy R&B comedy is off the charts. Sure enough, the Pied Piper’s new track Number One (Remix) delivers. Not only does T-Pain refer to someone’s “asscap,” whatever that is, but R. Kelly softly croons about “smokening“ an illicit substance and brags about his ability to make a woman’s “p**sy speak in auto-tune.” It’s enough to almost make you forget Keyshia’s seriously musical contribution. While the track’s auto-tune heavy vibe, courtesy of RiffRaph and Roy “Royalty” Hamilton, might be a little played out, Kelly’s unpredictable genius more than makes up for it. Number One is the official remix of the original track, which featured Keri Hilson. No word yet on what Kelly’s next project will be, though whatever it is, I’m sure it will be unbelievable.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/29/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.