Despite being acquitted of underage-porn charges this past June, R. Kelly is still dealing with his fair share of problems. Currently, Kelly is battling with his longtime label, Jive, who hasn’t yet set a release date for his 12 Play series finale, 4th Quarter. In the meantime, though, the self-proclaimed “remix killa”” keeps his name in the bright lights by creating another one of his trademark R&B freestyles over fellow Chicagoan Kanye West‘s current hit single, Love Lockdown. Before pressing play, it is imperative that you understand THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR SPEAKERS; Kells garbles the Auto-Tune intentionally to better fit the mood of the freestyle. Though Kelly’s singing is a bit more natural over a Love Lockdown-type production, it is West who will be dropping his new project, 808’s & Heartbreak, on November 24.
Written by Burmy on 11/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.