Despite being acquitted of underage-porn charges this past June, R. Kelly is still dealing with his fair share of problems. Currently, Kelly is battling with his longtime label, Jive, who hasn’t yet set a release date for his 12 Play series finale, 4th Quarter. In the meantime, though, the self-proclaimed “remix killa”” keeps his name in the bright lights by creating another one of his trademark R&B freestyles over fellow Chicagoan Kanye West‘s current hit single, Love Lockdown. Before pressing play, it is imperative that you understand THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR SPEAKERS; Kells garbles the Auto-Tune intentionally to better fit the mood of the freestyle. Though Kelly’s singing is a bit more natural over a Love Lockdown-type production, it is West who will be dropping his new project, 808’s & Heartbreak, on November 24.
Written by Burmy on 11/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.