Despite being acquitted of underage-porn charges this past June, R. Kelly is still dealing with his fair share of problems. Currently, Kelly is battling with his longtime label, Jive, who hasn’t yet set a release date for his 12 Play series finale, 4th Quarter. In the meantime, though, the self-proclaimed “remix killa”” keeps his name in the bright lights by creating another one of his trademark R&B freestyles over fellow Chicagoan Kanye West‘s current hit single, Love Lockdown. Before pressing play, it is imperative that you understand THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR SPEAKERS; Kells garbles the Auto-Tune intentionally to better fit the mood of the freestyle. Though Kelly’s singing is a bit more natural over a Love Lockdown-type production, it is West who will be dropping his new project, 808’s & Heartbreak, on November 24.
Written by Burmy on 11/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.