Despite being acquitted of underage-porn charges this past June, R. Kelly is still dealing with his fair share of problems. Currently, Kelly is battling with his longtime label, Jive, who hasn’t yet set a release date for his 12 Play series finale, 4th Quarter. In the meantime, though, the self-proclaimed “remix killa”” keeps his name in the bright lights by creating another one of his trademark R&B freestyles over fellow Chicagoan Kanye West‘s current hit single, Love Lockdown. Before pressing play, it is imperative that you understand THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR SPEAKERS; Kells garbles the Auto-Tune intentionally to better fit the mood of the freestyle. Though Kelly’s singing is a bit more natural over a Love Lockdown-type production, it is West who will be dropping his new project, 808’s & Heartbreak, on November 24.
Written by Burmy on 11/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.