I won’t front, every time Robert Sylvester Kelly releases a new track I get more excited than Fat Joe at a taco truck. After the insanity that was Trapped in a Closet, I realized that a Kells track could be about absolutely anything, and he doesn’t disappoint on his new single Echo, a track ostensibly about convincing your lady to take the day off so you can spend some quality time in bed. Produced by Infinity and R. Kelly himself, Echo has a Dream-esque, slowly winding, appropriately echoing pace that climaxes on the chorus…a chorus that consists largely of Kelly yodeling. Let me repeat that. R Kelly’s…new track…features him yodeling…like a Swiss mountain climber. And what’s even crazier, it still sounds pretty damn good, and yes, kind of sexy. There is literally nothing this man can’t and won’t do. Echo is off the Pied Piper’s upcoming Untitled new album, set to drop on December 1. Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest Kelly-related insanity.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/29/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.