I won’t front, every time Robert Sylvester Kelly releases a new track I get more excited than Fat Joe at a taco truck. After the insanity that was Trapped in a Closet, I realized that a Kells track could be about absolutely anything, and he doesn’t disappoint on his new single Echo, a track ostensibly about convincing your lady to take the day off so you can spend some quality time in bed. Produced by Infinity and R. Kelly himself, Echo has a Dream-esque, slowly winding, appropriately echoing pace that climaxes on the chorus…a chorus that consists largely of Kelly yodeling. Let me repeat that. R Kelly’s…new track…features him yodeling…like a Swiss mountain climber. And what’s even crazier, it still sounds pretty damn good, and yes, kind of sexy. There is literally nothing this man can’t and won’t do. Echo is off the Pied Piper’s upcoming Untitled new album, set to drop on December 1. Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest Kelly-related insanity.
Listen to More: R. Kelly Written by Nathan S.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That ft. R. Kelly" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.