I won’t front, every time Robert Sylvester Kelly releases a new track I get more excited than Fat Joe at a taco truck. After the insanity that was Trapped in a Closet, I realized that a Kells track could be about absolutely anything, and he doesn’t disappoint on his new single Echo, a track ostensibly about convincing your lady to take the day off so you can spend some quality time in bed. Produced by Infinity and R. Kelly himself, Echo has a Dream-esque, slowly winding, appropriately echoing pace that climaxes on the chorus…a chorus that consists largely of Kelly yodeling. Let me repeat that. R Kelly’s…new track…features him yodeling…like a Swiss mountain climber. And what’s even crazier, it still sounds pretty damn good, and yes, kind of sexy. There is literally nothing this man can’t and won’t do. Echo is off the Pied Piper’s upcoming Untitled new album, set to drop on December 1. Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest Kelly-related insanity.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/29/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That ft. R. Kelly" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.