I won’t front, every time Robert Sylvester Kelly releases a new track I get more excited than Fat Joe at a taco truck. After the insanity that was Trapped in a Closet, I realized that a Kells track could be about absolutely anything, and he doesn’t disappoint on his new single Echo, a track ostensibly about convincing your lady to take the day off so you can spend some quality time in bed. Produced by Infinity and R. Kelly himself, Echo has a Dream-esque, slowly winding, appropriately echoing pace that climaxes on the chorus…a chorus that consists largely of Kelly yodeling. Let me repeat that. R Kelly’s…new track…features him yodeling…like a Swiss mountain climber. And what’s even crazier, it still sounds pretty damn good, and yes, kind of sexy. There is literally nothing this man can’t and won’t do. Echo is off the Pied Piper’s upcoming Untitled new album, set to drop on December 1. Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest Kelly-related insanity.
Listen to More: R. Kelly Written by Nathan S.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That ft. R. Kelly" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.