I won’t front, every time Robert Sylvester Kelly releases a new track I get more excited than Fat Joe at a taco truck. After the insanity that was Trapped in a Closet, I realized that a Kells track could be about absolutely anything, and he doesn’t disappoint on his new single Echo, a track ostensibly about convincing your lady to take the day off so you can spend some quality time in bed. Produced by Infinity and R. Kelly himself, Echo has a Dream-esque, slowly winding, appropriately echoing pace that climaxes on the chorus…a chorus that consists largely of Kelly yodeling. Let me repeat that. R Kelly’s…new track…features him yodeling…like a Swiss mountain climber. And what’s even crazier, it still sounds pretty damn good, and yes, kind of sexy. There is literally nothing this man can’t and won’t do. Echo is off the Pied Piper’s upcoming Untitled new album, set to drop on December 1. Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest Kelly-related insanity.
Listen to More: R. Kelly
Written by Nathan S. on 10/29/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That ft. R. Kelly" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.