For every big-name artist, there is at least one member of the opposite sex who develops a huge “celebrity crush,” attending each and every show and entertaining fantasies of being with their idol. Though most of these dreams never come true, the finally-acquitted R. Kelly wants to buck that trend; on this new record, he fantasizes about picking up his #1 Fan so he and she can make the sweet love he’s described in so many of his songs. Setting the mood is veteran producer Los Da Mystro (best known for helping make J. Holiday‘s Bed), who strikes a perfect balance between Kells’ legendary slow-jam feel and his own recent penchant for high-energy beats. Jive Records has been quiet about the status of R. Kelly’s forthcoming album, but if #1 Fan ends up on the tracklist, it would be a great single selection—it might even help the singer win back a few fans turned off by his legal troubles.
Written by Burmy on 04/23/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.