Even though R. Kelly’s been out of the spotlight recently, no one sets the mood better than my man Kells, and his new single When a Woman Loves, reminds us why the Chi-Town crooner’s a contemporary legend. Powerfully sung, harmoniously pieced together, When a Woman Loves is worthy of the Luther Vandross, Al Green, and Jeffrey Osborne comparisons sure to ensue. The slow beat and beautiful melody, reminiscent of that classic Motown sound, also happens to be produced by the multi-talented Mr. Kelly, and his expertly understated vocal performance proves just how far he’s come as an artist in recent years, resulting in a lush record that clearly pays homage to his old school musical influences. I’m not gonna lie, this cut made me sweat a little… and then call my boyfriend over for dinner. So ladies, grab that special someone, turn up the heat (I mean, the volume), and show your man what it means to love for real. Hospitals can expect a baby boom nine months after Kelly’s upcoming album, Love Letters, drops on some yet-to-be-determined date.
Written by Aisha Khan on 08/25/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That ft. R. Kelly" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.