Even though R. Kelly’s been out of the spotlight recently, no one sets the mood better than my man Kells, and his new single When a Woman Loves, reminds us why the Chi-Town crooner’s a contemporary legend. Powerfully sung, harmoniously pieced together, When a Woman Loves is worthy of the Luther Vandross, Al Green, and Jeffrey Osborne comparisons sure to ensue. The slow beat and beautiful melody, reminiscent of that classic Motown sound, also happens to be produced by the multi-talented Mr. Kelly, and his expertly understated vocal performance proves just how far he’s come as an artist in recent years, resulting in a lush record that clearly pays homage to his old school musical influences. I’m not gonna lie, this cut made me sweat a little… and then call my boyfriend over for dinner. So ladies, grab that special someone, turn up the heat (I mean, the volume), and show your man what it means to love for real. Hospitals can expect a baby boom nine months after Kelly’s upcoming album, Love Letters, drops on some yet-to-be-determined date.
Listen to More: R. Kelly Written by Aisha Khan
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That ft. R. Kelly" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.