Hey, R. Kelly, remember on Feelin Single (and its hit remix), how you took revenge against your girl’s suspected infidelity by hitting the town to mingle with other women behind her back? Well, there’s someone here who’d like to have a word with you, and his name is… uh… R. Kelly. That’s right; on the latest single off his 11th studio album, a slightly older but much wiser Kells mounts his soapbox to tell his fellow dudes just how much it hurts When a Man Lies or otherwise deceives a woman who loves him. Abrupt as the change of heart may have been, you can’t argue with the passion and sincerity he exudes over his own lush vintage-soul boardwork. Has the R&B heavyweight hit it out of the park with his latest effort? I think I know the answer but, as always, you get to issue the final verdict. Write Me Back is available in stores and online as of June 26.
Written by richard on 10/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.