Hey, R. Kelly, remember on Feelin Single (and its hit remix), how you took revenge against your girl’s suspected infidelity by hitting the town to mingle with other women behind her back? Well, there’s someone here who’d like to have a word with you, and his name is… uh… R. Kelly. That’s right; on the latest single off his 11th studio album, a slightly older but much wiser Kells mounts his soapbox to tell his fellow dudes just how much it hurts When a Man Lies or otherwise deceives a woman who loves him. Abrupt as the change of heart may have been, you can’t argue with the passion and sincerity he exudes over his own lush vintage-soul boardwork. Has the R&B heavyweight hit it out of the park with his latest effort? I think I know the answer but, as always, you get to issue the final verdict. Write Me Back is available in stores and online as of June 26.
Written by richard on 10/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.