Hey, R. Kelly, remember on Feelin Single (and its hit remix), how you took revenge against your girl’s suspected infidelity by hitting the town to mingle with other women behind her back? Well, there’s someone here who’d like to have a word with you, and his name is… uh… R. Kelly. That’s right; on the latest single off his 11th studio album, a slightly older but much wiser Kells mounts his soapbox to tell his fellow dudes just how much it hurts When a Man Lies or otherwise deceives a woman who loves him. Abrupt as the change of heart may have been, you can’t argue with the passion and sincerity he exudes over his own lush vintage-soul boardwork. Has the R&B heavyweight hit it out of the park with his latest effort? I think I know the answer but, as always, you get to issue the final verdict. Write Me Back is available in stores and online as of June 26.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That ft. R. Kelly" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.