Hey, R. Kelly, remember on Feelin Single (and its hit remix), how you took revenge against your girl’s suspected infidelity by hitting the town to mingle with other women behind her back? Well, there’s someone here who’d like to have a word with you, and his name is… uh… R. Kelly. That’s right; on the latest single off his 11th studio album, a slightly older but much wiser Kells mounts his soapbox to tell his fellow dudes just how much it hurts When a Man Lies or otherwise deceives a woman who loves him. Abrupt as the change of heart may have been, you can’t argue with the passion and sincerity he exudes over his own lush vintage-soul boardwork. Has the R&B heavyweight hit it out of the park with his latest effort? I think I know the answer but, as always, you get to issue the final verdict. Write Me Back is available in stores and online as of June 26.
Written by richard on 10/5/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That ft. R. Kelly" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)