Hey, R. Kelly, remember on Feelin Single (and its hit remix), how you took revenge against your girl’s suspected infidelity by hitting the town to mingle with other women behind her back? Well, there’s someone here who’d like to have a word with you, and his name is… uh… R. Kelly. That’s right; on the latest single off his 11th studio album, a slightly older but much wiser Kells mounts his soapbox to tell his fellow dudes just how much it hurts When a Man Lies or otherwise deceives a woman who loves him. Abrupt as the change of heart may have been, you can’t argue with the passion and sincerity he exudes over his own lush vintage-soul boardwork. Has the R&B heavyweight hit it out of the park with his latest effort? I think I know the answer but, as always, you get to issue the final verdict. Write Me Back is available in stores and online as of June 26.
Written by richard on 10/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That ft. R. Kelly" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.