There are only a few guarantees in life: death, taxes, and R. Kelly making hit records that revolve around the subject of sex. Following the singer’s acquittal on child pornography charges this past summer, the proverbial ball has begun to roll (once again), with promotional efforts kicking into high gear for the release of his latest album, 12 Play 4th Quarter. Selected as the album’s second single and the follow-up to the chart-stalled Hair Braider is the self-produced Skin. Over a classic, slow-winding production, Kelly gets romantic with his special (legal) lady, harmonizing with layered vocals courtesy of none other than himself. Originally slated for a mid-summer release, the project is currently aiming for a late fall date. If you ask me, I’ll take a Kelly song over death and taxes any day of the week.
Written by DJ Z on 09/4/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.