Notorious for his timeless lovemaking material, R&B icon R. Kelly has released a self-produced new single, entitled Share My Love. The record, which is richly embedded in the Chicago Steppin Music sound, takes listeners on a musical journey from the “Do the Hustle”-era all the way to 2012. Kells keeps his lyrics of love remotely familiar and anecdotally amusing (oh, hello “Populate” ad lib) on Share, gearing the subject material towards his older and more mature audience. Though Generation Y is obsessed with bass-heavy booty music and hyper-emphasized images of sex, the multiple Grammy Award winner appears beyond having to resort to cheap “industry” tactics for airplay and spins. So, will Share My Love help the Chicago native get the buzz up for his forthcoming new studio album? Find out if and when Write Me Back lands in digital and physical store fronts this spring.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That ft. R. Kelly" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.