Notorious for his timeless lovemaking material, R&B icon R. Kelly has released a self-produced new single, entitled Share My Love. The record, which is richly embedded in the Chicago Steppin Music sound, takes listeners on a musical journey from the “Do the Hustle”-era all the way to 2012. Kells keeps his lyrics of love remotely familiar and anecdotally amusing (oh, hello “Populate” ad lib) on Share, gearing the subject material towards his older and more mature audience. Though Generation Y is obsessed with bass-heavy booty music and hyper-emphasized images of sex, the multiple Grammy Award winner appears beyond having to resort to cheap “industry” tactics for airplay and spins. So, will Share My Love help the Chicago native get the buzz up for his forthcoming new studio album? Find out if and when Write Me Back lands in digital and physical store fronts this spring.
Written by sashavann on 04/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.