Notorious for his timeless lovemaking material, R&B icon R. Kelly has released a self-produced new single, entitled Share My Love. The record, which is richly embedded in the Chicago Steppin Music sound, takes listeners on a musical journey from the “Do the Hustle”-era all the way to 2012. Kells keeps his lyrics of love remotely familiar and anecdotally amusing (oh, hello “Populate” ad lib) on Share, gearing the subject material towards his older and more mature audience. Though Generation Y is obsessed with bass-heavy booty music and hyper-emphasized images of sex, the multiple Grammy Award winner appears beyond having to resort to cheap “industry” tactics for airplay and spins. So, will Share My Love help the Chicago native get the buzz up for his forthcoming new studio album? Find out if and when Write Me Back lands in digital and physical store fronts this spring.
Written by sashavann on 04/19/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That ft. R. Kelly" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.