There is only one performer in the entire music industry that can recycle his own previously-released analogies, melodies or beats and still make a hit record; his name is R. Kelly. Late last week, a song entitled Kiss Your Candy swept through online message boards faster than Amy Winehouse’s last stay at a rehab facility. The concept of the song is self-explanatory, but just to make things clear; Kells isn’t talking about tootsie rolls or dum dums. Following similar songs such as Sex in the Kitchen, Sex Planet and Sweet Tooth, many listeners might be tired of Kelly’s food/sex-novelty. However, before you make a judgment call, see if you can go 24 hours without humming the melody to Kiss Your Candy.
Written by DJ Z on 02/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.