There is only one performer in the entire music industry that can recycle his own previously-released analogies, melodies or beats and still make a hit record; his name is R. Kelly. Late last week, a song entitled Kiss Your Candy swept through online message boards faster than Amy Winehouse’s last stay at a rehab facility. The concept of the song is self-explanatory, but just to make things clear; Kells isn’t talking about tootsie rolls or dum dums. Following similar songs such as Sex in the Kitchen, Sex Planet and Sweet Tooth, many listeners might be tired of Kelly’s food/sex-novelty. However, before you make a judgment call, see if you can go 24 hours without humming the melody to Kiss Your Candy.
Written by DJ Z on 02/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)