There is only one performer in the entire music industry that can recycle his own previously-released analogies, melodies or beats and still make a hit record; his name is R. Kelly. Late last week, a song entitled Kiss Your Candy swept through online message boards faster than Amy Winehouse’s last stay at a rehab facility. The concept of the song is self-explanatory, but just to make things clear; Kells isn’t talking about tootsie rolls or dum dums. Following similar songs such as Sex in the Kitchen, Sex Planet and Sweet Tooth, many listeners might be tired of Kelly’s food/sex-novelty. However, before you make a judgment call, see if you can go 24 hours without humming the melody to Kiss Your Candy.
Written by DJ Z on 02/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.