Since finishing the last leg of his nationwide Double Up Tour, R. Kelly has been busy in the studio recording his new album, 12 Play: 4th Quarter. In what will be the last chapter (then again, with Kelly you never know) of his 12 Play album series (12 Play,TP2.com, TP3: Reloaded), the Chicagoan has kicked off the campaign with the new single Hair Braider. Using the never-going-to-die-vocoder effect, Kelly sings about tipping his hair stylist similar to his strippers. Produced by up-incoming production duo Tha Bizness (J-Hen and Dow Jones), who have worked with will.i.am, Young Buck, and Ky-Mani Marley to name a few, Hair Braider should pave the way for Kelly’s album release this summer.
Written by DJ Z on 04/6/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.