Since finishing the last leg of his nationwide Double Up Tour, R. Kelly has been busy in the studio recording his new album, 12 Play: 4th Quarter. In what will be the last chapter (then again, with Kelly you never know) of his 12 Play album series (12 Play,TP2.com, TP3: Reloaded), the Chicagoan has kicked off the campaign with the new single Hair Braider. Using the never-going-to-die-vocoder effect, Kelly sings about tipping his hair stylist similar to his strippers. Produced by up-incoming production duo Tha Bizness (J-Hen and Dow Jones), who have worked with will.i.am, Young Buck, and Ky-Mani Marley to name a few, Hair Braider should pave the way for Kelly’s album release this summer.
Written by DJ Z on 04/6/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.