Since finishing the last leg of his nationwide Double Up Tour, R. Kelly has been busy in the studio recording his new album, 12 Play: 4th Quarter. In what will be the last chapter (then again, with Kelly you never know) of his 12 Play album series (12 Play,TP2.com, TP3: Reloaded), the Chicagoan has kicked off the campaign with the new single Hair Braider. Using the never-going-to-die-vocoder effect, Kelly sings about tipping his hair stylist similar to his strippers. Produced by up-incoming production duo Tha Bizness (J-Hen and Dow Jones), who have worked with will.i.am, Young Buck, and Ky-Mani Marley to name a few, Hair Braider should pave the way for Kelly’s album release this summer.
Written by DJ Z on 04/6/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That ft. R. Kelly" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.