Since finishing the last leg of his nationwide Double Up Tour, R. Kelly has been busy in the studio recording his new album, 12 Play: 4th Quarter. In what will be the last chapter (then again, with Kelly you never know) of his 12 Play album series (12 Play,TP2.com, TP3: Reloaded), the Chicagoan has kicked off the campaign with the new single Hair Braider. Using the never-going-to-die-vocoder effect, Kelly sings about tipping his hair stylist similar to his strippers. Produced by up-incoming production duo Tha Bizness (J-Hen and Dow Jones), who have worked with will.i.am, Young Buck, and Ky-Mani Marley to name a few, Hair Braider should pave the way for Kelly’s album release this summer.
Written by DJ Z on 04/6/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That ft. R. Kelly" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)