According to some theorists, there exist not one but many intelligences, each governing a different set of talents and aptitudes. For example, in addition to excelling musically, R. Kelly would undoubtedly receive high marks in the kinesthetic and interpersonal arenas—hence his virtuosic abilities between the sheets. On the lead single off his next full-length, coming on the heels of hit promo cut My Story, the R&B icon lets a new woman know just how high he towers over the average man on the erotic IQ scale: “I’m blessed with the insight to please your body / Girl, tonight you’re lying with a sex Genius.” Kells’ characteristically impressive vocal performance comes backed by a sensual, self-produced synth beat. How about it, readers: does R. Kelly deserve a membership in Sex Mensa for creating this brainy bedroom burner? If you’re leaning toward the affirmative, then keep it locked to the Booth for further singles leading up to the November 1, release of his next album, Black Panties.
Written by richard on 09/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.