R. Kelly’s second single is here—gunshots, shorty brigade and all. After the success of his first 2007 single, I’mma Flirt (The Remix) R. Kelly offers up another hit from the soon-to-be-released, Double Up. Collaborating with Young Jeezy and Young Dro, “Blow It Up” is R. Kelly’s homage to the institution of big pimping. Though sharp listeners will cringe at the clumsy transitions between Kelly’s singing and the MCing (Young Jeezy and Young Dro interrupt R. Kelly not once but twice in their lyrical play), Blow It Up still brings the goods: a lot of hustle and a little bit of flow.
Written by jackson on 05/3/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.