R. Kelly’s second single is here—gunshots, shorty brigade and all. After the success of his first 2007 single, I’mma Flirt (The Remix) R. Kelly offers up another hit from the soon-to-be-released, Double Up. Collaborating with Young Jeezy and Young Dro, “Blow It Up” is R. Kelly’s homage to the institution of big pimping. Though sharp listeners will cringe at the clumsy transitions between Kelly’s singing and the MCing (Young Jeezy and Young Dro interrupt R. Kelly not once but twice in their lyrical play), Blow It Up still brings the goods: a lot of hustle and a little bit of flow.
Written by jackson on 05/3/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.