R. Kelly’s second single is here—gunshots, shorty brigade and all. After the success of his first 2007 single, I’mma Flirt (The Remix) R. Kelly offers up another hit from the soon-to-be-released, Double Up. Collaborating with Young Jeezy and Young Dro, “Blow It Up” is R. Kelly’s homage to the institution of big pimping. Though sharp listeners will cringe at the clumsy transitions between Kelly’s singing and the MCing (Young Jeezy and Young Dro interrupt R. Kelly not once but twice in their lyrical play), Blow It Up still brings the goods: a lot of hustle and a little bit of flow.
Written by jackson on 05/3/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That ft. R. Kelly" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.