Arguably the two biggest male R&B stars of the past two decades have come together to collaborate, but only because of a women. On Same Girl, the supposed second single off R. Kelly‘s new album, Double Up, the two men find themselves swapping stories until their storylines collide. After realizing their respective women are actually one in the same, the song thankfully does not take a turn into a repeat of Kelly’s 50-something installment series, Trapped in the Closet. Although Kelly has admitted his new album will consist mostly of hip-hop, rather than R&B, the selection of this duet with Usher should bode well with both new and old fans alike.
Written by DJ Z on 05/14/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That ft. R. Kelly" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.