Arguably the two biggest male R&B stars of the past two decades have come together to collaborate, but only because of a women. On Same Girl, the supposed second single off R. Kelly‘s new album, Double Up, the two men find themselves swapping stories until their storylines collide. After realizing their respective women are actually one in the same, the song thankfully does not take a turn into a repeat of Kelly’s 50-something installment series, Trapped in the Closet. Although Kelly has admitted his new album will consist mostly of hip-hop, rather than R&B, the selection of this duet with Usher should bode well with both new and old fans alike.
Written by DJ Z on 05/14/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)