Arguably the two biggest male R&B stars of the past two decades have come together to collaborate, but only because of a women. On Same Girl, the supposed second single off R. Kelly‘s new album, Double Up, the two men find themselves swapping stories until their storylines collide. After realizing their respective women are actually one in the same, the song thankfully does not take a turn into a repeat of Kelly’s 50-something installment series, Trapped in the Closet. Although Kelly has admitted his new album will consist mostly of hip-hop, rather than R&B, the selection of this duet with Usher should bode well with both new and old fans alike.
Written by DJ Z on 05/14/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That ft. R. Kelly" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)