Arguably the two biggest male R&B stars of the past two decades have come together to collaborate, but only because of a women. On Same Girl, the supposed second single off R. Kelly‘s new album, Double Up, the two men find themselves swapping stories until their storylines collide. After realizing their respective women are actually one in the same, the song thankfully does not take a turn into a repeat of Kelly’s 50-something installment series, Trapped in the Closet. Although Kelly has admitted his new album will consist mostly of hip-hop, rather than R&B, the selection of this duet with Usher should bode well with both new and old fans alike.
Written by DJ Z on 05/14/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.