The irony of a track like Ringtone is that if nine out of ten artists were to concoct such a record, they would be undoubtedly bashed. But R. Kelly? Never! Produced and featuing the buff and bad ass work of Polow Da Don, Kells released the cut in Japan, Canada, UK, Russia and as an iTunes bonus track off his album, Double Up. Although his intentions were for it be just that, a bonus track, a buzz began to grow and now the song is being played in clubs and not ironically—also being downloaded as a ring tone.
Written by DJ Z on 08/27/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.