The irony of a track like Ringtone is that if nine out of ten artists were to concoct such a record, they would be undoubtedly bashed. But R. Kelly? Never! Produced and featuing the buff and bad ass work of Polow Da Don, Kells released the cut in Japan, Canada, UK, Russia and as an iTunes bonus track off his album, Double Up. Although his intentions were for it be just that, a bonus track, a buzz began to grow and now the song is being played in clubs and not ironically—also being downloaded as a ring tone.
Written by DJ Z on 08/27/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That ft. R. Kelly" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.