The irony of a track like Ringtone is that if nine out of ten artists were to concoct such a record, they would be undoubtedly bashed. But R. Kelly? Never! Produced and featuing the buff and bad ass work of Polow Da Don, Kells released the cut in Japan, Canada, UK, Russia and as an iTunes bonus track off his album, Double Up. Although his intentions were for it be just that, a bonus track, a buzz began to grow and now the song is being played in clubs and not ironically—also being downloaded as a ring tone.
Written by DJ Z on 08/27/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That ft. R. Kelly" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)