The irony of a track like Ringtone is that if nine out of ten artists were to concoct such a record, they would be undoubtedly bashed. But R. Kelly? Never! Produced and featuing the buff and bad ass work of Polow Da Don, Kells released the cut in Japan, Canada, UK, Russia and as an iTunes bonus track off his album, Double Up. Although his intentions were for it be just that, a bonus track, a buzz began to grow and now the song is being played in clubs and not ironically—also being downloaded as a ring tone.
Written by DJ Z on 08/27/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That ft. R. Kelly" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.