The irony of a track like Ringtone is that if nine out of ten artists were to concoct such a record, they would be undoubtedly bashed. But R. Kelly? Never! Produced and featuing the buff and bad ass work of Polow Da Don, Kells released the cut in Japan, Canada, UK, Russia and as an iTunes bonus track off his album, Double Up. Although his intentions were for it be just that, a bonus track, a buzz began to grow and now the song is being played in clubs and not ironically—also being downloaded as a ring tone.
Written by DJ Z on 08/27/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That ft. R. Kelly" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.