Evidently, R. Kelly is sick of the same girl he has been singing about all summer. After going back and forth with Usher and later T-Pain, Kells snatched up Ludacris and Detorit rocker, Kid Rock, for the third single off Double Up, entitled Rock Star. Before you assume that any similarities exist with the Shop Boyz, stop right there. Producer Just Blaze is behind the production on this larger than life song that also features Luda spittin red hot barbs, Kelly as smooth as can be over a guitar riff, and alt music favorite Kid Rock on the strings. To date Double Up has sold nearly 800,000 copies, not including digital sales, and with Rock Star bending radio play list rules left and right it is only a matter of time until he reaches platinum status once again.
Written by DJ Z on 08/7/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That ft. R. Kelly" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.