Evidently, R. Kelly is sick of the same girl he has been singing about all summer. After going back and forth with Usher and later T-Pain, Kells snatched up Ludacris and Detorit rocker, Kid Rock, for the third single off Double Up, entitled Rock Star. Before you assume that any similarities exist with the Shop Boyz, stop right there. Producer Just Blaze is behind the production on this larger than life song that also features Luda spittin red hot barbs, Kelly as smooth as can be over a guitar riff, and alt music favorite Kid Rock on the strings. To date Double Up has sold nearly 800,000 copies, not including digital sales, and with Rock Star bending radio play list rules left and right it is only a matter of time until he reaches platinum status once again.
Written by DJ Z on 08/7/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)