Even in the best-matched relationships, there will be times when you start to feel a little underappreciated. The question is, what do you do when you start to think you’re being taken for granted—bring it up in a heart-to-heart conversation? Do something extra-thoughtful in hopes that your guy or girl will reciprocate? No and no. According to Feelin’ Single, the latest single from R&B heavyweight and love guru R. Kelly, the correct answer is to roll with the intuition your partner is cheating and get him/her back by hooking up with a random chick or dude from the local club. (Disclaimer: The DJBooth accepts no responsibility for pain or heartbreak resulting from following this advice.) Despite the vindictive theme, this joint is every bit as smooth and appealingly retro as Booth acclaimed lead single Share My Love; as on the aforementioned cut, he looks back to the ‘70s for inspiration on the production tip, layering subtle string accents over a rhythm section interpolated from Bill Withers’ Lovely Day as he soulfully schemes about getting that shawty back for going out on the town without him. Craving more timeless tunes from the veteran crooner? Then don’t miss the rest of the fresh material to be found on Write Me Back, due out June 26, via RCA.
Written by richard on 05/14/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.