Even in the best-matched relationships, there will be times when you start to feel a little underappreciated. The question is, what do you do when you start to think you’re being taken for granted—bring it up in a heart-to-heart conversation? Do something extra-thoughtful in hopes that your guy or girl will reciprocate? No and no. According to Feelin’ Single, the latest single from R&B heavyweight and love guru R. Kelly, the correct answer is to roll with the intuition your partner is cheating and get him/her back by hooking up with a random chick or dude from the local club. (Disclaimer: The DJBooth accepts no responsibility for pain or heartbreak resulting from following this advice.) Despite the vindictive theme, this joint is every bit as smooth and appealingly retro as Booth acclaimed lead single Share My Love; as on the aforementioned cut, he looks back to the ‘70s for inspiration on the production tip, layering subtle string accents over a rhythm section interpolated from Bill Withers’ Lovely Day as he soulfully schemes about getting that shawty back for going out on the town without him. Craving more timeless tunes from the veteran crooner? Then don’t miss the rest of the fresh material to be found on Write Me Back, due out June 26, via RCA.
Written by richard on 05/14/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That ft. R. Kelly" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.