Even in the best-matched relationships, there will be times when you start to feel a little underappreciated. The question is, what do you do when you start to think you’re being taken for granted—bring it up in a heart-to-heart conversation? Do something extra-thoughtful in hopes that your guy or girl will reciprocate? No and no. According to Feelin’ Single, the latest single from R&B heavyweight and love guru R. Kelly, the correct answer is to roll with the intuition your partner is cheating and get him/her back by hooking up with a random chick or dude from the local club. (Disclaimer: The DJBooth accepts no responsibility for pain or heartbreak resulting from following this advice.) Despite the vindictive theme, this joint is every bit as smooth and appealingly retro as Booth acclaimed lead single Share My Love; as on the aforementioned cut, he looks back to the ‘70s for inspiration on the production tip, layering subtle string accents over a rhythm section interpolated from Bill Withers’ Lovely Day as he soulfully schemes about getting that shawty back for going out on the town without him. Craving more timeless tunes from the veteran crooner? Then don’t miss the rest of the fresh material to be found on Write Me Back, due out June 26, via RCA.
Written by richard on 05/14/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.