Even in the best-matched relationships, there will be times when you start to feel a little underappreciated. The question is, what do you do when you start to think you’re being taken for granted—bring it up in a heart-to-heart conversation? Do something extra-thoughtful in hopes that your guy or girl will reciprocate? No and no. According to Feelin’ Single, the latest single from R&B heavyweight and love guru R. Kelly, the correct answer is to roll with the intuition your partner is cheating and get him/her back by hooking up with a random chick or dude from the local club. (Disclaimer: The DJBooth accepts no responsibility for pain or heartbreak resulting from following this advice.) Despite the vindictive theme, this joint is every bit as smooth and appealingly retro as Booth acclaimed lead single Share My Love; as on the aforementioned cut, he looks back to the ‘70s for inspiration on the production tip, layering subtle string accents over a rhythm section interpolated from Bill Withers’ Lovely Day as he soulfully schemes about getting that shawty back for going out on the town without him. Craving more timeless tunes from the veteran crooner? Then don’t miss the rest of the fresh material to be found on Write Me Back, due out June 26, via RCA.
Written by richard on 05/14/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thats That ft. R. Kelly" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.