R. City never hesitated to voice their frustrations with label politics – see the Virgin Islands-bred brothers’ lengthy and valiant PTFAO (Put the F*ckin’ Album Out) campaign – but in retrospect, it seems they were holding their tongues through the whole ordeal. Having parted ways with Konvict Muzik, Da Spokesman and Don’t Talk Much are ready to cut the crap and address the Dark Cloud that’s been hanging over their heads for five long years – a cloud by the name of Akon. Over So Fly & Nius’ pop-rock boardwork, the freestyle series alumni blast their former boss for being too wrapped up in his own work to give them the time of day: “What’s a label when your CEO is an artist whose only obvious motive is focusing on his own sh*t?” That, and chasing skirts: ”All that man really cares about is getting laid…” Oh and, on top of the salacious industry gossip, it’s a damn catchy record in its own right. If you found this blistering kiss-off entertaining, more hot tunes (and, presumably, plenty of spleen-venting) await on debut set Free at Last, dropping this summer via the group’s own Rebelution Records.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Losing It" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.