R. City never hesitated to voice their frustrations with label politics – see the Virgin Islands-bred brothers’ lengthy and valiant PTFAO (Put the F*ckin’ Album Out) campaign – but in retrospect, it seems they were holding their tongues through the whole ordeal. Having parted ways with Konvict Muzik, Da Spokesman and Don’t Talk Much are ready to cut the crap and address the Dark Cloud that’s been hanging over their heads for five long years – a cloud by the name of Akon. Over So Fly & Nius’ pop-rock boardwork, the freestyle series alumni blast their former boss for being too wrapped up in his own work to give them the time of day: “What’s a label when your CEO is an artist whose only obvious motive is focusing on his own sh*t?” That, and chasing skirts: ”All that man really cares about is getting laid…” Oh and, on top of the salacious industry gossip, it’s a damn catchy record in its own right. If you found this blistering kiss-off entertaining, more hot tunes (and, presumably, plenty of spleen-venting) await on debut set Free at Last, dropping this summer via the group’s own Rebelution Records.
Written by richard on 05/15/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Losing It" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.