Late last year, Slip-n-Slide Records announced that they were looking for an R&B artist who could take the veteran, Florida-based hip-hop label to the next level. Three months later, enter Qwote, who, thanks to influence of The Beatles and Michael Jackson among others, has what it takes to make it on both his label and in this industry. On his debut single, Don’t Wanna Fight, Qwote tries to skip over the arguing and asks his lady if they can get back to making sweet love. For a female perspective on the matter, SNS label mate Trina offers her insight, but is pretty pissed that men chase “anything in a tight skirt.” Whichever side you take on the matter, though, there is no denying that the label made a nice catch. You can qwote us on that!
Written by Burmy on 03/6/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Wanna Fight (No Quiero Pelear) (Remix) ft. Pitbull" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.