Late last year, Slip-n-Slide Records announced that they were looking for an R&B artist who could take the veteran, Florida-based hip-hop label to the next level. Three months later, enter Qwote, who, thanks to influence of The Beatles and Michael Jackson among others, has what it takes to make it on both his label and in this industry. On his debut single, Don’t Wanna Fight, Qwote tries to skip over the arguing and asks his lady if they can get back to making sweet love. For a female perspective on the matter, SNS label mate Trina offers her insight, but is pretty pissed that men chase “anything in a tight skirt.” Whichever side you take on the matter, though, there is no denying that the label made a nice catch. You can qwote us on that!
Written by Burmy on 03/6/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Wanna Fight (No Quiero Pelear) (Remix) ft. Pitbull" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.