This past July, somebody broke into R&B/pop singer Qwote‘s studio and leaked his newest single, 808. Turning the negative into a positive, Qwote has decided to release the song officially (and probably also purchase a pocket-size flash drive). Lamenting over a lost love, the Miami native decides to get back his lady by having the DJ use an 808 beat on his song. Producer J.R. Rotem, who’s responsible for Slip-N-Slide‘s two biggest singles of ‘08 (The Boss and Bust It Baby Pt. 2), puts another hit together with a mix of high-, mid-, and low-tempos, all at once. Topped off with an 8-bar verse by label mate (and fellow heartthrob) Plies, expect that 808 to keep bumping. Qwote’s debut album, Qwote Un Qwote, is set for release in February of ‘09.
Written by Burmy on 08/19/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Wanna Fight ft. Trina" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.