When R&B singer Qwote signed with Slip-N-Slide earlier this year, label CEO Ted Lucas said the signing would “demonstrate the next level of Slip-N-Slide,” and that future records would allow “artists [to] cross barriers.” About a month later, that big talk has already been backed up. Qwote has created a bilingual version of his debut single, Don’t Wanna Fight, entitled No Quiero Pelear. Always ready to embrace his city and cultural heritage, Cuban-American rapper and fellow Miami native Pitbull lets his lady know the same thing, and is quick to remind her how good it feels when they’re enamorado. With all the success of labelmates Rick Ross, Plies, and Trina, don’t except Qwote to miss a beat.
Written by Burmy on 04/16/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Wanna Fight ft. Trina" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.