When R&B singer Qwote signed with Slip-N-Slide earlier this year, label CEO Ted Lucas said the signing would “demonstrate the next level of Slip-N-Slide,” and that future records would allow “artists [to] cross barriers.” About a month later, that big talk has already been backed up. Qwote has created a bilingual version of his debut single, Don’t Wanna Fight, entitled No Quiero Pelear. Always ready to embrace his city and cultural heritage, Cuban-American rapper and fellow Miami native Pitbull lets his lady know the same thing, and is quick to remind her how good it feels when they’re enamorado. With all the success of labelmates Rick Ross, Plies, and Trina, don’t except Qwote to miss a beat.
Written by Burmy on 04/16/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Wanna Fight ft. Trina" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.