Though gangsta rap is packed with daring heists, hits and shootouts, the fact of the matter is that an enterprising G who decides to act like an action-movie hero is destined to find himself outlined in chalk sooner than later. To maintain an illicit hustle in an environment as treacherous as today’s inner-city hoods, you’ve gotta be Cautious. On the latest single off Quite Nyce‘s forthcoming, DJBooth-sponsored EP, featured along with a Goldminers-directed video originally released in February, the Massachusetts emcee offers us a crash course in street survival. His collaborators throughout the project, Swiss beat crew The Soulslicers take a appropriately understated approach on the production tip, serving up a tense, piano-laced boom-bap rhythm to back Nyce outlines the perils that await those who fail to keep their activities on the down-low. Paranoid? Perhaps. But when everyone really is out for your money and/or life, paranoia’s just good sense. Packing a potent combo of throwback grooves and streetwise savoir-faire, Cautious is just one of many quality jams slated for inclusion on the artist’s EP of the same title, set to hit our mixtape page June 13 for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 05/31/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Is My Life" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.