A singly-named duo in the tradition of Christian Rich and Chester French, Quincy Vidal make their grand entrance into The DJBooth with an album standout depicting a typical Saturday Morning around their way. Still Weavens provides the instrumental backdrop for this lyrical slice of life, flipping a sample from soul singer Minnie Riperton’s Take a Little Trip as Brooklyn mic-rockers Le’Asha Julius and Caleb Eberhardt watch cartoons, smoke up, and order Chinese before heading out to a nearby cipher. With the record’s low-key production and easily-relatable subject matter, it’s no wonder the crew commonly elicit comparisons to Golden Age greats as A Tribe Called Quest and Digable Planets. Craving more retro, yet fresh material from Quincy Vidal? You’ll find what you seek on sophomore album Sentimental Moods, out as of November 25. Click here to purchase the set via Bandcamp!
Written by richard on 12/13/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.