A singly-named duo in the tradition of Christian Rich and Chester French, Quincy Vidal make their grand entrance into The DJBooth with an album standout depicting a typical Saturday Morning around their way. Still Weavens provides the instrumental backdrop for this lyrical slice of life, flipping a sample from soul singer Minnie Riperton’s Take a Little Trip as Brooklyn mic-rockers Le’Asha Julius and Caleb Eberhardt watch cartoons, smoke up, and order Chinese before heading out to a nearby cipher. With the record’s low-key production and easily-relatable subject matter, it’s no wonder the crew commonly elicit comparisons to Golden Age greats as A Tribe Called Quest and Digable Planets. Craving more retro, yet fresh material from Quincy Vidal? You’ll find what you seek on sophomore album Sentimental Moods, out as of November 25. Click here to purchase the set via Bandcamp!
Written by richard on 12/13/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)