A singly-named duo in the tradition of Christian Rich and Chester French, Quincy Vidal make their grand entrance into The DJBooth with an album standout depicting a typical Saturday Morning around their way. Still Weavens provides the instrumental backdrop for this lyrical slice of life, flipping a sample from soul singer Minnie Riperton’s Take a Little Trip as Brooklyn mic-rockers Le’Asha Julius and Caleb Eberhardt watch cartoons, smoke up, and order Chinese before heading out to a nearby cipher. With the record’s low-key production and easily-relatable subject matter, it’s no wonder the crew commonly elicit comparisons to Golden Age greats as A Tribe Called Quest and Digable Planets. Craving more retro, yet fresh material from Quincy Vidal? You’ll find what you seek on sophomore album Sentimental Moods, out as of November 25. Click here to purchase the set via Bandcamp!
Written by richard on 12/13/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)