A singly-named duo in the tradition of Christian Rich and Chester French, Quincy Vidal make their grand entrance into The DJBooth with an album standout depicting a typical Saturday Morning around their way. Still Weavens provides the instrumental backdrop for this lyrical slice of life, flipping a sample from soul singer Minnie Riperton’s Take a Little Trip as Brooklyn mic-rockers Le’Asha Julius and Caleb Eberhardt watch cartoons, smoke up, and order Chinese before heading out to a nearby cipher. With the record’s low-key production and easily-relatable subject matter, it’s no wonder the crew commonly elicit comparisons to Golden Age greats as A Tribe Called Quest and Digable Planets. Craving more retro, yet fresh material from Quincy Vidal? You’ll find what you seek on sophomore album Sentimental Moods, out as of November 25. Click here to purchase the set via Bandcamp!
Written by richard on 12/13/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.