Loyal Booth readers are undoubtedly familiar with Strange Music, Tech N9ne’s long running, highly-successful indie label, who has long been bringing us dope music. I suspect it won’t be long until Booth newcomer Quills too is part of that quality crew. While he has no connection to the label now, the sound and skill he showcases on new promo single and EP title track Dreamcatcher would make him a perfect addition to their roster. Producer Fresh Kils’ minimalist, ominous boardwork gets the mysterious, dark cut started off on the right foot. Quills, a Montreal native, takes an introspective approach to his bars, exhibiting a tense, boisterous flow that would likely bring a tear to Tech’s eye (hopefully it won’t smear his face paint). Dreamcatcher (the EP) is set to drop this fall, but with a Booth debut this strong, I am sure we will see Quills well before the leaves change color.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Quills’ Jeremy Shantz-directed Dreamcatcher visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/24/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.