Attention, fellas: if you happen to be assembling a playlist to set the mood for a Valentine’s Day evening with your significant other, don’t just glance at the title and throw DJ Quik‘s new single, Luv of My Life, into the mix – it might give her her the wrong impression. You see, the Compton veteran is most emphatically not looking to get wifed up. Instead, this joint finds him and Booth newcomer Gift Reynolds waxing poetic about a few of their favorite things: cash, liquor, whips, no-strings-attached booty, you get the picture. Though the subject matter may not scream “romantic,” Quik’s laid-back synth-bass instrumental makes for perfect chill-out material, and the collaborators’ luxurious stunting is nothing if not entertaining: “Orange bottle champagne, teal, green blue / Clicquot in y’all Perignon, weed too.” Find yourself nodding along to this breezy West Coast banger? Then you’ll undoubtedly dig the rest of what Quik’s cooked up for his latest full-length, The Book of David, scheduled to hit store shelves and online retailers– drumroll, please…April 20.
Written by richard on 02/2/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Real Women" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.